While no substitute for automated offsite backups, manual cPanel backups are an integral component of your data recovery strategy. When initiated, a full cPanel backup makes a copy of all your emails, files, and databases. The straightforward process can be used regularly or periodically. It should also be used before making any major changes to your website. In the event of data loss, you will be able to restore from your cPanel backups.
Want to safeguard your data? The Dalen Design team shares the steps to generate a full backup in cPanel.
Generating Full cPanel Backups
3. On the Backup Wizard screen, Step 1, select Backup
4. On the Backup Wizard screen, Step 2, select Full Backup
5. On the Backup Wizard screen, Step 3, your backup destination should be Home Directory. Enter your email address so you can be notified of backup completion. Click Generate Backup and be prepared to wait for notification of backup completion. This can take quite a bit of time.
By following the above step, you will have generated a full cPanel backup. Inside your home directory, you should now see a tar.gz. A tar.gz file is a Unix compressed archive (think of it like a zip file). You may proceed to download the backup file via cPanel, SSH or FTP.
How to Download Full cPanel Backups
1. Log into cPanel.
2. In the Files section, click on the Backups icon.
3. Under Backups Available for Download, click the link for the backup file you wish to download.
4. Select a destination on your PC where you would like to save the backup.
Restoring from a Full cPanel Backup
In the event you need to recover data from a full cPanel backupe, please contact the Dalen Design team. We will restore your files promptly, and ensure your website is back up and running without delay.